Understanding a Ukrainian Train Ticket
On my previous post here, I showed how easy it is to buy a Ukrainian train ticket online. Today I will show you how to understand the ticket.
When you complete payment for the train ticket, you will receive an email link to your ticket which you can print out. This print out will allow you to get straight onto the train, no need to queue up at ticket booths!
So here is your ticket. Most of the information on this ticket you can ignore. The import pieces are the following:
- ПОСАДОЧНИЙ ДОКУМЕНТ – Boarding Document
- Прізвище – Name
- This is the name you entered when buying the ticket
- Відправлення – Departure station
- The name of the station that the train departs from, in this case Xarkib i.e. Kharkiv
- Призначення – Destination station
- The name of the station that the train will arrive at, in this case Львів i.e. Lviv
- Дата – Date
- The date and time the train leaves/arrives at the departure/destination stations
- Поїзд – Train number
- The number of the train service
- Вагон – Car/carriage
- The number of the carriage that your seat is reserved for
- Місце – Place/Seat
- The seat number/place that you have reserved
And there you have it. That is how you read a train ticket in Ukraine. Pretty simple, right?